Tuesday 14 March 2017

Wintersett Area

I had rare day out at Angler's today for a change. As the usual blogger is on holiday and there was no one around, I feel duty bound to record my sightings here.
I arrived shortly before mid-day in cloudy conditions, but when the sun eventually came out it got really warm. (The thermometer in my garden recorded a maximum of 16.2c!)
Okay on the wall at Angler's CP were 2 pairs of Oystercatchers, a single Redshank, 4 Shovelers (3m)Psycho the adult Yellow-legged Gull and its mate the LBB Gull. 2 Sand Martins were feeding high above the lake before they moved on and there were still plenty of Goldeneye around.
A Linnet and a Redwing flew west and a bubbling Curlew was displaying over the back fields as a pair of Buzzards drifted over.
2 Chiffchaffs were singing in Stubbs wood and 2 Comma butterflies were fliting around Blackthorn blossom here.
The Boathouse Cetti's Warbler was singing when I got to Winterset Res along with another Chiffchaff and, a lovely adult Common Gull came in before it was time to go.

No comments: