Monday 29 October 2012

Rabbit Ings

E mail from Mick Birkinshaw.

I did my last drive round this afternoon and saw 2 possibly 3 Short Eared Owls, 2 grappling with each other and flying over my head very close. One made a cat like chiaow nose as it flew over me, the other one I couldn't confirm as a 3rd  but very likely! This was on the north bank.

I then drove round to the south side and saw 2 perched on the fence posts, I immediately drove to the north that fast, time, space, continuum shifted and I got there before I set off!  I saw 2 owls grappling again and returned as fast back to the south side and one owl was sat on the same fence post and one flew over my head with a vole, this flew in from the south, so this confirmed 4 Short Eared's possibly 5!

This all happened in broad daylight, and as I was driving about and getting out to walk, owls were flying over my head, and in the distance, it seemed that there were many more owls, but could be that 4 or 5 were just moving about so much!

No comments: