Sunday 1 January 2017

Old Year Out ... Old Records In

Firstly, I would like to wish everyone a very Happy New Year and that birding in 2017 will be as good as ever.

As mentioned in a previous blog post, I have now taken over the recording for the Barnsley area. If anyone has records for 2014, 2015 and 2016, could you please send them to the following email address: ornithecocarl@gmail.com (or contact me for an alternative way to submit). Also, could anyone that prefers a paper report contact me, as I need to have an idea of numbers to determine whether it would be financially worth producing a report of this kind.

The River Dove at Worsbrough had 2 Dipper together today. Unfortunately, a recent fuel line rupture in a nearby arable field has been releasing fuel at a rate of 100 litres/min into the river system. A number of fish and Moorhen have succumbed to the contamination. Hopefully the Dippers will remain upstream of the affected area.   



No comments: