Round Up 2019
January Mostly cool and cloudy with just 3 days of light frost.
– Cloudy and cold for two weeks then unseasonally hot and sunny for last two weeks.
was dry, cool and sunny with some cloudy
– Mostly hot and sunny, occasionally with a cooling breeze. Heavy rain on the 27th,
was rainy for the first two weeks then dry and sunny.
had several rainy days during the first half of the month but was mostly hot
and sunny with scattered cloud thereafter.
was hot and dry until the final week when there was some very welcome rain.
was warm to hot but cloudy with
occasional drizzly showers which increased humidity.
was mainly warm and dry with light winds, but some heavy rain during the last
was cooler, with rain of varying intensity and an occasional light frost.
was cold or frosty , dull and damp.
was cool, cloudy and damp with a few sunny spells.
The Wintersett Area
recorded 174 bird species for 2019!
The Top Ten Birds were:
- Great Reed Warbler male from the 8th May to 13th
June. New for the list!
- Pomarine Skua juvenile flew north 8th
Duck drake 15th, 17th and 19th
Duck drake occasional from 17th
November to 31st December.
Chiffchaff 1st to 14th
January and 25th October.
- Water Pipit 3rd to 21st
February and 4th November.
- Lapland Bunting 1
flew west 2nd November
- Ring Ouzel male 8th
and 9th April
- Common Crane 4 flew
- White-fronted Goose flew north west 30th November.