Sunday 17 March 2013

Another last post

I can't help but agree with neighbour, What's the point of having a bird blog that only a chosen few can post on to...I joined because I love wildlife and thought it would be a good place to share photo's sightings etc, but I can see it's a bit of an elitist club only interested in number crunching and scoring points over each other at who saw what and when and how many and make sure it's recorded properly..To be honest I just love to watch animals and birds and see them as a marvel of mother nature...I also didn't particularly like the way neighbour was slapped down for posting what he thought was a genuine L S Woodpecker...I understand the importance of an accurate record of birds in the area, but don't deceive people into thinking they are welcome here when they're clearly not and only if they do as they're told...Me, I'll still be out and a bout watching and photographing wildlife and enjoying every hour, but I won't be posting anymore here. May I suggest that people wanting to join this group are made aware it's not for nature lovers but for serious bird study and accurate information gathering, which is a commendable thing, but not for me...And lighten up a bit and don't take yourselves so seriously, you may be missing out on the fun bit.

1 comment:

mick turton said...

Sorry to read your and whoever neighbour may be's comments but accurate recording is essential if any of the data is to be of any use. As for the posting of the Lesser-spotted Woodpecker at OLd Moor, it is an extremly rare bird down there and a lot of people would have been interested in dashing down to see it. Whether you post anything on the Blogg or not you will be able to still see what is about and 'twitch'or photograph what you like.
ps have been birding down here for the past 44 years and can assure you am not missing out on the fun.