Wednesday 19 December 2018

Wilthorpe Marsh - Water Pipit 19-12-2018

Water Pipit early this morning, a new bird for me - I arrived before dawn and waited for the bird to come to me - it fed for 30 minutes and then left without being disturbed. I left shortly after.
Just explaining as the usual suspects on Twitter are complaining that I got too close to the bird. I put a lot of effort into not being seen by the bird, the horses nor the two walkers with dogs that passed by. Also Kingfisher seen.

In addition the bird was not baited in any way, the nice juicy larvae it was pulling out of the mud were just a selection of different invertebrates it was feeding on. I have posted a video of it feeding naturally. (It's sad that I have had to post this comment due to a personal deformation attack, again on twitter).

Here with small larvae which were the most prevalent













No comments: