Sunday 27 January 2013

Rabbit Ings

Mike Angel, from Birdwell, came to see the Short-eared Owls today, he didn't see any, but instead he found a roost of 4 Long-eared Owls, a first for the Ings! (site confidential) All 5 British species of owl have been seen on here now.

Mick Birkinshaw

A Short-eared Owl was flushed by a dog-walker in the field on the north side of Monckton Flash.  A Little Owl was also seen in it's usual place and a Buzzard flew over.

Lynz Harston
Athersley
30 Waxwings were in trees near the glass recycling near the roundabout at the end of Laithes lane this afternoon. (Chris Parkin)
Lynz Harston
Cudworth
58 Greenfinches were feeding in Les Corrall's garden today.

2 comments:

Steve Denny said...

Cliff - about 30 years ago (wow didn't realise how quick time has passed!) I was told by a fellow who used to walk around there that he'd seen 5 or 6 owls sat together in bushes over a stream. I did try several times to find them but never did. I wouldn't be suprised if they have been there regularly ever since.
Steve.

Cliff Gorman said...

Who knows Steve could well be. I bet if I trawl my old records I might find at least one sighting up in that area. Where they are is good but they would be vulnerable to the slightest interference.