Thursday 19 July 2018

Carlton Marsh

In answer to Ian Morris's tweet. 
Ian the site is owned by Barnsley Council and run largely by volunteers. The hide is locked unless one of the volunteers is present. However, if wish to make visits a key can be obtained from the Parks officer at BMBC Russ Boland. TEl. 01226 773136. 
I don't have a fancy phone to tweet on so I blog instead, which may be put on later. If we have something a bit different, as happened on Sunday 15th, I get one of the lads to tweet the info. Most of the time people from elsewhere don't bother coming anyway, but now you have highlighted it, I will make sure that when the gull is seen again you will know about it.
You wouldn't have seen it from the hide, as it is on the wader scrape right at the far end of the reserve following the disused railway embankment.
I thank you for interest and hope to see you down there soon.

Cliff

No comments: