Sunday 30 December 2012

QUIET DAY BIRDING

A lovely day for birding.I parked at the Old Moor entrance gate,inside the gate two extra large women emerged from a car and were having an heated altercation with a cyclist, foul language Inabundance. At this point I decided to go to the reserve centre where the car park was overflowing and the side roads were also full. I went to purchase a Yorkshire Birding Magazine. The centre was crammed with people. As I left a police car entered the car park, I wonder if they were there to control the controversy or the crowds. Afterwards I parked on the side road at Broomhill Flash. A very unpleasant farmer approached me and said he could have me removed, it was his land. Eventually I decided to visit my old flooded patch Edderthorpe Flash. It was peaceful and quiet but not many birds. In the distance I could see gunners and probably with their new year banquet. Went home and thought what a lovely day, and hung up my binoculars. Happy New Year.

2 comments:

ASmith said...

There's only one thng to do...
Visit Wintersett!

Bernard Emson said...

What !! And miss all the entertainment here. Thanks anyway for the suggestion.