Wednesday 11 February 2015

Willow Tits

I am completing a Willow Tits Survey of the Dearne NIA again this year for the Dearne Green Heart initiative to find how many territories/pairs within this area. The methodology is to record any birds from mid-February to the end of March before the leaves area out and they are easier to see. Use a song/call if you have one on your phone.They will already have their territories now and will be moving around their area. Recorders are covering their sites but any records from all areas are welcome.
I will be covering all the disused railways, canals and other likely habitats.
At the same time I will be logging records from the whole of the BBSG recording area to compare with the Atlas work so beyond the above early spring period I need records through the rest of the year.

Put all records onto this blog and I will move these onto a spreadsheet.

For information at least 40 Willow Tit territories were found in the Dearne NIA and the whole of the BBSG recording area had 81 (from the Atlas).
Thanks if you can help.

3 comments:

Upland Tyke said...

I assume you will take the info you need from each individual blog post? Cheers.

Geoff Carr said...

Yes Stuart I will check each individual blog and take the info from that as long as there is enough site detail for me put the record into a 1km sq or better still for me to put a grid ref. Thanks

Upland Tyke said...

I'll put the grid refs on for you if I come across any more. The only birds I have recently are Wilthorpe Marsh and Woolley Dyke.